The Art & Law Association* brings together professionals from the art market with specialized lawyers, with the goal of :
– Meetings and exchange of information,
– Research and training in art law and the art market,
– Support the teaching and research among students in the art law and art market fields.
(*Association under the French Law 1st of July 1901, declared by the Prefecture and published in the official Gazette of December 18,1996)
SYMEV (National Association of Auction Houses) an organisation that represents auction houses and auctioneers, aims to :
– Represent the profession with government, French and European institutional investors,
– Improve the legal and fiscal environment,
– Promote auctions,
– Organise professional communication operations,
– Provide membership services (legal, consulting etc…),
– Exercise legal actions on behalf of the collective interest,
– Negotiate collective agreements in the joint committee,
– Develop relationships with professionals and foreign institutional departments.
Art Media Agency (AMA) is an international news agency, focused on the art market.
– AMA’s archives contain almost 30,000 articles (15,000 in French, 15,000 in English) — all of which are available for free each week,
– AMA produces over 300 of these articles, covering all aspects of the art world including: galleries, auction houses, fairs, foundations, museums, artists, insurance, shipping, and cultural policy,
– The agency provides in-depth reports and exclusive interviews, directly engaging with the artists and art professionals currently shaping the industry.
– All articles are carefully sorted by subject, allowing users to quickly and easily target information.